Thursday 19 July 2018

Keep moving forward

In a couple of brief conversations of late I have been reminded that we all end up with low days (or weeks). The #GBDoc on Thursday 18th June had a question along the same lines and got me answering with how I deal with it only I seemed to put it in a way that is rather more thoughtful than my usual profanity infused gibberish (think the cat might wave walked over the keyboard while I was typing). It came as this:

"When it all gets too much sometimes looking at your feet to see where you are stepping instead of the horizon to see where you are going seems easier. Thing is, you are still heading in roughly the right direction most of the time"
That's the key I think. When it is hard, break it down into what you can actually do right now and do it the best you can. You are still making progress it just doesn't feel that way until you get the energy to look up or someone else who knows roughly how you feel points out to you that you are, actually, still heading in the right direction. The rest will often tend to itself or wait in any case.

Isn't it great to have a community that just gets it?

No comments:

Post a Comment